This one was a doozie. First of all, I was pretty much wrong about almost everything, which is so so fun. Sure, some of the gifts that all of the experts and websites claim are hot gifts were actually popular with my esteemed panel of teen experts, but even those had dissenters. Exceptions. Fine print.
Maybe one of these girls will remind you of the teen in your life:
- Lola: Shops at PacSun, American Eagle, etc. and loves trendy beauty brands (Truly, Glossier)
- Alex: Shops at PacSun and Billabong. Loves the beach.
- Maddie: Feminine style, like Free People and Love Shack Fancy. Math Genius. My assistant.
- Eva: Loves math, animals, and gaming, but also girly. Does not enjoy shopping, unless it’s for tech. Edits my videos.
- Bella: Natural, casual beachy style. College student. Animal lover.
In case you were wondering, Lola and Eva are my daughters. The other beauties are my sister’s daughters.
Here’s what I learned about shopping for teen girls:
- They are brand specific. Just like we used to be. It’s not enough for it to be a cute sweatshirt. It has to be the right sweatshirt from the right brand.
- Don’t think you know the trends, unless they tell you. Last month’s trend is no longer trending, so it’s probably safe to ask.
- They are unique. Assuming that all teens like __________ is going to set you both up for disappointment. In a pinch, every kid fully appreciates a gift card.
All of the gifts shown here can be found in this catalog. Just click on the pic to shop.
The Crowd Pleasers
There were only a few items this diverse and selective group of girls agreed on. Fortunately, they include a mix of higher-end items and more affordable options. All of these items can be found here.
Recommended, For the Right Person
These items are not universal favorites, but based more on the preferences and hobbies of your specific teen.
And Skip These. Maybe.
If you know a teen well enough to go out on a limb, these gifts are interesting and unusual. None of my girls loved them, though.
Which of these gifts is the teen in your life asking for? And which ideas are new for you? Let me know in the comments!