My daughter recently wore bike shorts with a sweatshirt to school and looked adorable. A-do-ra-ble. She is 16. And as much as I feel that age is not the main factor when I decide which trends to try and which to skip, it definitely plays a role.
Or maybe I just don’t like bike shorts.
Either way, for the over 18 crowd, bike shorts are on their way out, along with a few other trends I never loved to begin with. And that’s the topic of today’s video. We’re talking about trends that are out of style. Dated. Passe. Hip no longer. You get the message.
And just because I have to have an opinion on everything, I’ll also be sharing current trends that I will never wear. Never. Ever. Some of them I love for other people; others should just be banished from the planet.
I don’t hold anything back in today’s video.
Trends That Are Out Of Style
Let’s wish these trends the best and send them on their way. Many of these were flash in the pant looks, while others had more staying power.
- Split Hem Pants: Split hem pants were a quick trend that has passed. I found these hard to style and never fully embraced them.
- Bike Shorts: Bike shorts might be one of the few examples of trends that you shouldn’t wear the second time around. Either way, they are out of style this season.
- Camo Prints: Camo prints have dominated for the last few seasons, but they are no longer trending this fall.
- Cold Shoulder Tops: Cold shoulder tunics with splashy prints have been out of style for a few seasons now, although they made the list because they still show up at some stores.
- Jeggings: Stretchy pull-on style jeggings have been out of style for a while, but stores continue to carry them.
Which of these are you going to find the hardest to part with?
Trends I Refuse To Wear
Trend lists are not a must-have shopping list. They are suggestions for you to sift through the filter of flattery and your personal style. These trends just don’t make the cut for me, as popular as they are, because I don’t love them or they don’t love me. Either way, they’re a hard pass for me. 3 of these are shoes. Don’t pretend to be surprised. You know me and shoes.
How do you feel about these trends?
- Crocs: No explanation necessary. These are for yard work or teenagers only.
- Skinny Sunglasses: Why. Just why? These are so hard to pull off and not at all flattering to my undereye bags.
- Low Rise: Used to rock these in the 90s, but I have no desire to flaunt my belly these days.
- Furry Shoes: ????. I am not a muppet.
- Chunky Loafers: The only wearable trend on this list, in my opinion, but these are a pass for me because as much as I love them on others, they do not align with my personal style.
Now it’s your turn! How do you feel about these trends? Let me know in the comments!
Nada Manley says
Thank you Lora! I appreciate the comment, and totally agree!
Totally agree with your opinion. I do think the chunky loafers look cute on younger women at 60+ they don’t flatter me.