I know you all like looking at me and stuff, but just in case you ever get tired of just seeing me, all the time, wearing the clothes on my specific body, I thought I’d mix it up a little for 2022.
This video featuring the beautiful Ashley is the first in a series on Body Shapes. Ashley is a classic Pear (Style Dial Orange) with some Hourglass (Style Dial Red) tendencies. She is also a 2-time cancer survivor going through menopause. Ashley was looking for cute outfits for her casual lifestyle that made her feel beautiful.
Ashley also has SOFT Coloring, which is medium, muted, and neutral.
The style words she chose are Pulled Together + Fun.
- Dress to flatter her changing body
- Create a wardrobe that reflects her casual lifestyle
- Feel beautiful in her clothes again
My strategy for Ashley included the following:
- Discussing her goals and lifestyle
- Determining her body shape
- Determining her face shape and how that plays into her necklines
- Doing the Fashion Fit Formula (results from this in a future video)
- Color analysis
- Outfit ideas
Here are some of the looks that we created for Ashley using items from Dillards. All of these items can be found in this catalog.
Here are some of the strategies that I used for Ashley that you can use to make your outfits more flattering:
- Build out the narrow shoulders with interesting shoulder details or shoulder pads. Consider adding shoulder pad inserts to existing tops. This will also give a little height.
- Monochromatic will always make you look longer and slimmer, but is not the only flattering option.
- Straight, flowy/looser, or boot-cut pants will be more flattering than a skinny.
- Try a V or a button-down, with full busts and diamond-shaped faces.
- With a diamond shaped face or a round face shape) consider necklines that come close to the sides of your neck. See illustration)
What do you think of the first installment of this new body type series? And what would you like to see in a future video? Let me know in the comments!