If the Anthropologie catalog evokes dreams of travel to unnamed, yet always exotic, locales, the Boden catalog makes me long to be a hip urban mom in London, taking the tykes to the Victoria & Albert or to tea or to any of the other fantasy London locales that non-Londoners dream of. The brand combines classic quality and details with a modern approach to colors and prints – a winning combination. But before I launch into my must-buys, a few words to shop by:
1. Shop early: The brand’s best buys and the season’s signature items get snapped up at an alarming rate, so if you see something you love, don’t delay.
2. Try the Outfit Maker, a fun feature on the site that lets you be the stylist. Combine tops, bottoms, and accessories to create endless combos. You can even decide whether to tuck a top in or leave it out. The tool also lets you save and Pin your creations.
3. Dress to Impress: Boden makes fab tunics and colorful dresses that are chic and easy and a mom’s best friend. Wear a pretty printed tunic, like this one, over a bathing suit, with white jeans, or as a dress.
And now, for my BeautyMommy Guide to Boden’s best buys this season. Enjoy!
1. Spring trench, $139: Perfect for rainy days and to wear into fall – the contrast trim makes this trench special.
2. Francesca dress, $90: On sale, and the perfect CBD (comfy black dress) to take you from day to night with ease.
3. Sicily top, $74: An easy topper for jeans and shorts, and equally at home over a bathing suit.
4. Sorrento skimmers, $74: Ankle-length pants in a bold print that pairs well with a wardrobe of neutrals.
5. Fabric corsage necklace; $34: Add whimsy and color to everything you wear.
6. Gingham shirtdress, $90: Fifties flair in a contemporary color.
7. Printed vest, $41: A scenic print to top shorts or to slip on under a jacket.
8. Boho bag, $160: The go-everywhere style of the season.
9. Boho top, $66: Pretty embroidery adds color to this summer staple.
10. Boho shorts, $51: A gorgeous print that works well will turn a tee into an outfit. Try it with a chambray button-down.
11. Colourblock points, $34: Snap up this sweet style on sale – they pair surprisingly well with almost everything you own.
12. Putney dress, $104: A classic style in a pretty print, you can wear this to a meeting, to church, or even more casually with flat sandals and a denim jacket.
13. Casual tunic, $69: On those mornings when you barely have time to get dressed (every morning), throw this on with metallic thong sandals and you’re done.
Maralee McKee says
You’re the best!!!! Thank you for introducing me to Bowden. I haven’t heard of them, and you’ve introduced me to a new favorite. You made beautiful choices!!!!! I especially adore numbers: 2, 11, 12, and 13.
You’re site is a constant source of inspiration and practical helps! Thank you, again!!!!