Back to school posts are right around the corner, I promise, but first, I want to stay in summer-mode for a little bit longer. I’d like to say that I am just shopping for bathing suits now because August is when all of the good suits go on sale or because I have been avidly working out all summer and want to show off my washboard abs, but sadly, neither of these reasons are true. The summer just got away from me, and here I am, at the beginning of August, without a single new suit in my arsenal. Unfortunately, I missed Swim Week last month in Miami, an amazing weeklong tribute to all things swim and style. (One of these days, I will actually be able to make it down there to check out the new styles from Red Carter, L*SPace, Voda Swim, 1 Sol, Guria, etc.) Fortunately, I’ve found some stylish options that will have me cruising in style straight through October (here in Florida, summer stretches out a lot longer…). Here, my picks for the most flattering, fabulous ways to suit up this summer (or what’s left of it):
1. L*Space Novelties, Monokini, $134: This sleek suit hides just enough (my post-baby belly button) without a whiff of dowdiness.
2. Voda Swim Ruffle Bikini Top with Envy Push Up, $70, and Bottom, $47: Even though I am still the same small-C size that I was before I had the girls, my bustline appears far less, well, busty. It’s like they’ve hollowed out somehow. While I debate my surgical options, Voda Swim will have me feeling a little bit more like my formerly perky self. These bathing suits increase your cups 1-2 sizes, no underwire required. Love! In several styles – my favorite is the ruffle.
3. 1 Sol Swimwear Corset Tankini, $99 (on sale): It’s hard to pick just one of the glamorous offerings from 1 Sol Swimwear, which are starlet-worthy but still supermom-friendly. Loved this corset tankini so much that I ordered it the second I saw it! With a skirt or cute shorts, it easily goes out to lunch.
4. Guria Swim Halter Top Bikini with Skirted Bottom, $158: Not loving your bottom or your belly. Keep them undercover while still looking stylish in this suit from Guria. Plus it comes in several gorgeous colors – my favorite is the Sunset Orange, shown.
5. biKa Swimwear “Nanda” Monokini, $300: There is nothing tame about this glamorous monokini, with its Eastern-inspired embellishments. I love the whole Rajputani collection, but this sleek suit is one of the most universally flattering.
Smart and Sexy Extreme Push Up Swim Top in Swim Dots Yellow, $9, and Skirtini, $9: No, I am not leaving a digit off. This stylish suit can be yours for only $9 each piece, and that’s down from the formerly budget-friendly $18 a piece. This line is designed to offer style, support, and flattery at a very affordable price. But it online, or find it as close as your local WalMart.
Red Carter One Shoulder Colorblock Monokini, $90: This sleek, graphic tank offers serious style, plus some strategic coverage. Love the smart colorblocking around the middle!
Girl Trunks, $79: Active? Modest? Not on speaking terms with your thighs? Girl Trunks has you covered, literally, with a feminine-cut version of your husband’s favorite swim trunks. Slip them on over that skimpy suit for comfort and coverage.
Ramy Brook Harley Coverup, $425: No one will care what you are wearing underneath this ultra-glamorous dress. Slip on some shades and you may just have the paparazzi swooning. In an array of gorgeous colors and prints.
Dry Dudz Hybrid Boardshort, $85: Surfer girls and other athletic types will adore these ultralight, quick-drying hybrid shorts from Dry Dudz. Designed to go from sports to swim to sightseeing, they feature built-in bikini bottoms and coordinating bikini tops. Men’s styles are also available.
Leave a Reply