I have been all over the place, both literally and mentally, and this blog is a reflection of that. The only connection between the items on this list is that I adore them.
1. Neiman Marcus + Target: The collaboration that is sure to launch a million Ebay sales, this one is almost worthy of its very own blog. Upscale Neiman’s and cheap-chic Target have collaborated with 24 top American designers (like Tory, Diane, and and Marc) to create a limited edition collection of 50 gift items, most under $60, combining fabulous quality with great design. All of the items will be available, for the same price, at both of the retailers and on their websites, beginning December 1. I wonder if I can hold my breath until then!
2. A Modern Eden: This Ohio-based company offers hip, contemporary animal-themed decor, apps and games for kids, at down-to-earth prices. Love the fun animal pillows for $10, and the innovative wall puzzle, $28. And all of the items are made in Ohio.
3. The Pink Tie Affair: Recently, I commented on a cute friend’s cute swimsuit, and she mentioned that her friend owned this fabulous Facebook boutique called A Pink Tie Affair. Gorgeous, girly items, most priced between $10-40. Check out the page, scroll through the current selection, and simply comment on the items you want to buy. And shipping is only $5. How cool is that?
4. Sarah Bessey: I know, I know, I am slow to catch on. I read a hilarious post recently from Jon Acuff (see below) where he jokingly recommends checking out Adele, after she has been famous for years. This is kind of like that. Most of you have probably already heard of this prolific, poetic writer and blogger, but if you haven’t, what are you waiting for. Go. Now. It’s such a cliche, but I laughed, I cried, I Pinned every single one of her book recommendations… Seriously good stuff.
5. Jon Acuff: How can you not like a guy who has written books like Stuff Christians Like and Quitter. He kills me. He really does. I don’t know he manages to combine humor and inspiration in every single post. It’s genius, really. His blog about Larry David and Critic’s Math is one of my favorites.
Ashley Pharr says
Thankyou so much for blogging about my friend’s online Boutique! She was so excited when I sent her this page! Keep up the good work! I LOVE reading all of your posts!