I dropped the ball on Mother’s Week a little bit, but this month has literally been one of the busiest of my life. I have no shortage of ideas, though. Just time. Today I was thinking about how important it is for moms to take the time to decompress. When we don’t, we get sick, as several of my mom friends have this week. I am looking forward to using the spa gift certificate my sweet husband gave me for mother’s day, when I have the time, but mostly, I am trying to find small ways to recharge every day. Here are a few simple, inexpensive ideas:
1. Spending a few minutes in the pick up line listening to an inspirational talk show or reading a magazine while drinking a cup of tea. (Eva is content watching a show on the IPAD)
2. Taking a shower or bath in a dimly lit bathroom (during the day, I just don’t turn the lights on. Don’t know why – but it’s very relaxing)
3. Enjoying some cuddles on the couch with my girls while watching a movie. Hugs have real power!
4. Spending some time outside on a beautiful day, watching my girls explore flowers and bugs and the beauty of nature
5. A few minutes alone at Ulta or Sephora, trying on new lipstick shades
6. A quick chat on the phone with my mom, sister, or a good friend.
7. Turning the volume up on a favorite old song on the radio and singing really really loudly with my girls.
8. Having a crazy dance party with my girls to one of the music channels on TV.
9. Flipping through a catalog in bed while drinking a cup of tea before going to sleep.
10. Taking a few minutes in bed to smooth on some yummy smelling creams and body oils.
What little things do you do to recharge? This week, make a point of doing them more often!