On big nights out, and holidays, I really like to make the extra effort, but I still don’t have a lot of time. I don’t go for evening updos or really elaborate makeup – I am not going to the Oscars, after all. I usually wear my hair down, do a smoky eye, and a glossy nude lip, or my favorite evening look of red lipstick and subtle eyes. I often build an evening look around a single item, usually the shoes or a great dress, that I’ve fallen in love with. Here, a few of my most recent efforts:
1. Holiday Ball: Nicole Miller gold sequin gown, Valentino bag
2. Annual Christmas Party (at home): BCBG shimmery jersey dress, Pedro Garcia glitter pumps
3. Pumpkin Patch with the family: Isaac Mizrahi (Target) cardigan, Chelsea & Violet sweater skirt, J. Crew gold flecked tank, Michael Kors suede wedges
4. Thanksgiving: I had not planned my outfit (!!!), a first for me, so I grabbed this Missoni (Target) dress, and elongated the rather awkward high neckline with a long necklace. Tracy Reese pumps.
5. My Niece’s Birthday Party The girls and I in matching dresses from NEXT. (One of the few advantages of being short is the ability to wear kid’s sizes.)