Easter is only two weeks away, and if you still haven’t bought an adorable outfit for your little boy, then it’s time to get shopping. Fortunately, I’m here to help. (Seriously, what would you do without me!) Here are my picks:
1. Boy’s John John in Soft Aqua Check, $44, and Girls Button-Back Dress, $56, Bella Bliss: For the classicist, a crisp, picture-ready duo: the must-have john-john can be worn over a shirt for church, and her dress (or bubble, for baby girls) comes in check or floral. Sweet. Bigger boys will like the checked button-down.
2. Madras pants, $29.50, and Shift Dress with Lace, $46, CWD Kids: These snappy plaid pants (also available in shorts, shown here) work with a dress shirt for church or a polo for more casual outings. The matching girls dress features a pretty lace inset.
3. Navy sweater vest, $44, and Eyelet Dress, $64, CWD Kids: Preppy perfection – a navy eyelet dress for her, an adorable sweater vest for him. Also available: a white eyelet dress with navy sash. Or choose this adorable, affordable option from Target.
4. Seersucker Suit, about $180, J. Crew, and dress, $59.50, Ralph Lauren: My favorite look – this is what my imaginary son would wear. : ) His sister will be sweet in this little Ralph Lauren dress.
5. Boys button-down in Conrad Gingham, $35, and Girls Rufle Front Dress in Giant Gingham, $78, J. Crew: Timeless appeal with a modern twist, gingham is always a smart pick for spring.
6. Island Blue Collection Boy’s Button-Down, $44, and Dresses for Girls, $58, Kelly’s Kids: This line features several styles for the whole family, including brown seersucker, blue stripes, and the Coral Reef collection, but this is my pick. Classic shapes in a fresh, unexpected color.
7. Burberry Mini Gabardine Short Suit, $550, and Girl’s Dress, $210: I wish I could describe how flawless I think this is, but words escape me right now. Sigh. Too bad I can’t show you pics from Neiman Marcus. Or save a few hundred dollars and just buy the check shirt, $135, from Saks. : )
8. Harstrings Boys Outfit, $34-44/each piece, Saks, and DSigned Jessie Dress in Blue Parrot, $19.99, Target: If you prefer to coordinate rather than match, this cute combo might be your pick.
9. Natural Linens Collection, $68-82, The Wooden Soldier: Subtle, sweet and perfect, in sizes/styles for kids of all ages.
10. Izod Seersucker Blazer, $30, and pants, $18, and Girl’s Dress, $30, JC Penney: A cool suit at a great price, and a coordinating dress for sister.
Leave a Reply