Next week I plan to launch my weekly (or possibly biweekly) blog featuring a stylish mama (like you??), which will run on Fridays, but this week, I wanted to share something I discovered thanks to @Kristi_Walters, author of Saving SuperMom, a devotional book that just might inspire me to relaunch my much-missed mom’s Bible study. Kristi told me that her friends, Carrie & Scott Mullins, recently launched a company, Ninety-Ten, that combines two of my very favorite things: buying shoes and giving back. Now, there are plenty of companies out there that are promising to use your money for good these days, but the Mullins’ are taking this concept to the next level: a full 90% of the proceeds from each purchase of these gorgeous shoes goes to communities in need through partnerships with a variety of organizations. Genius! This isn’t just lip service – your shoe budget can actually do so much more than keep you strutting in style! Here, a couple of my top picks from the site:
1. Petrisha in Green, $225: My girls are bound to love these almost as much as I do – fun and fabulous. Pair them with dark jeans and one of the season’s sweet eyelet tops.
2. Palmi in Canary, $99: The neutral of the moment, leopard, in a chic and comfy flat.
3. Grotto in Pale Rose, $135: Nothing says summer like a classic espadrille, and this one has me dreaming of lazy days ahead. The pale rose acts as an unexpected neutral. Love.
4. Royal Marriage in Orange, $145: These are exactly the kind of shoes you don’t know you need – until you buy them, and realize that they somehow manage to work with everything in your closet.
5. Nicole in Brown Sugar, $99: For the classicist, a stylish, subtle pair you will wear forever.