Got you, didn’t I? Tragically, the baby in the subject is not mine. : (( My “baby” just turned 4 and had her belated Well Child visit today, where she (thank you, God!) got high points from the doctor for her dimples, her good manners (LOL), and of course, her health. Not to brag, but you know… : ) So, as much as I love baby girls, I’ve had to find other outlets, and fortunately my friends have been all too happy to oblige. 😉 I have two gorgeous local friends (Melissa and Courtney) who are expecting girls in the next few months, and one long-distance one, a classmate of my sister. And of course there’s always the chance that my brother and his wife will have a baby girl next. So, with all of those babies on the horizon, I get to do what I do best: shop, and dream about shopping. Even though my girls are still young, there have been exactly 3 1/2 zillion adorable new baby products launched since I last registered. But don’t worry – this won’t be an exhaustive list. I’ve narrowed it down to only the most stylish, most ingenious, and most gorgeous. Hope it makes your next few baby showers easier! (Note: These are the big ticket items. Tomorrow, I will have some great gifts under $50).
Baby Girl Gear!
1. Mamaroo Bouncer, $240: Yes it’s pricey, but it’s so gorgeous you won’t mind looking at it a lot. Which is a good thing, since, with all its bells and whistles, this is one piece of baby equipment you’ll be seeing a lot of!
2. Zen Stroller, $799: I adored my Bugaboo, but this one might have won me over. It’s lightweight, streamlined and gorgeous!
3. Beaba Babycook, $119.95: Sigh. If I’d only had one of these when I was making baby food for my girls. This does practically everything but wash the veggies for you. It steams, purees, defrosts, etc, all while looking cute on the countertop.
4. Hoppop Bato Bath Tub, $49.99: Beautiful and functional, this tub has high insulated sides to keep the water warm and a drain to make cleanup easy.
5. Sausalito Moses Basket, $195: This stylish essential is an must for newborns, in my opinion, as it makes the perfect portable crib. I never wanted to spend a lot on a moses basket since it is only used for such a brief time, but this one converts to toy storage when your child outgrows it, which, in my opinion, completely justifies the splurge.
6. Petunia Pickle Bottom Baby Carrier, $110: Pretty prints and a user-friendly design make this is a welcome change from the usual carrier.
7. Svan High Chair, about $200: I bought this for my girls back when it first came out, and it’s still my top pick. I love it’s style, it’s versatility, and the fact that it is easy to clean!