Okay, first an update on the backpack. After weeks of agonizing (it’s so hard to part with the adorable tulle J. Crew backpack she has, but it’s definitely going to be too small for long-term use) I’ve decided to relegate the above, adorable backpack to dance and occasional use, and I’ve chosen a still sweet but more practical alternative. So for those of you who have asked, here is the new backpack, from Le SportSac. It’s called Cupcake Girl. I also got the matching snack sack. Too cute!
And now it seems I need a new jacket, and a bunch of other things, quickly. I need to decorate the house for fall/Halloween, decide on and buy costumes, plan a class Halloween party, choose Thanksgiving and Christmas outfits for the girls and possibly a Halloween ensemble or two. (I didn’t manage to pick these items up in post-holiday sales last year, and pictures are right around the corner!).
So, first things first – the weather is cooling off, and I realized that Lola needs a new winter coat/jacket. She has her lightweight Oilily rain jacket, and assorted light jackets and cardigans, but I want something heavier to take the place of her very sweet faux shearling embroidered English Roses jacket, that somehoe, inexplicably, has a size 3T on the label. I thought I just bought it! LOL But Lola is 5 and that jacket is going to look very silly this season. So without delay, here are my options. Please help me choose!
1. Kate Mack Pink Mallow Faux Fur Jacket, $112: So pretty and fluffy and girly, but is it practical. (I know, I know – why start being practical now? LOL)
2. Misha Lulu Hello Kitty Retro Modern Houndstooth Coat, $104: Love this fashiony style, but is it cozy enough?
3. Lemon Loves Lime Pocket Full of Ruffles Down Jacket, $112: So chic, but possibly too warm for this climate.
4. Sweet Pea Coat, $89: Soft, fuzzy, and girly – this might be the one. Too bad I can’t copy a picture here. Click on the link to see for yourself.
5. Spotty Velvet Coat, $98, Mini Boden: Very stylish, but maybe not warm and cozy enough. But how cozy does a coat need to be in Florida?
6. Widgeon Faux Shearling Coat, $69 (on sale), Garnet Hill: So far, my first choice. Lola loved it the second she saw it, and surprisingly, she wants it in blue, not pink. I like that it’s soft, cozy, girly, and, most of all, washable. Her last coat was dry-clean only!
7. Berry Velveteen Coast, $98, Chasing Fireflies: So sweet, and dressy enough for special occasions.