So, in the next of my series of notes from my mixer earlier this week, here are the Beautymommy’s top picks for fall, and most are available at a store near me! : )
1. The Cape: One of the hottest trends for fall, and so perfect for Florida weather. This style from Ann Taylor Loft will go with everything you wear this season, and it’s so chic. $108
2. The Printed Dress: Look for seventies inspired details like billowy sleeves and standout prints. I like this one, from Gianni Bini (Dillard’s), $118, but pick a pattern that you love.
3. Colorful Ballet Flats: This trend combines style and comfort, which might be the reason it’s still going strong. These are from Talbots, $109-139. For an update, look for a style with a moccasin-inspired toe.
4. The Red Dress: The single hottest color of the season, arguably, and it has the most impact in the classic red dress. This style, from White House Black Market, is universally flattering, $168.
5. Something colorblocked: This is an important trend for fall, and is easy to pull off in small doses. I love the bold colors in this sweater, $58, from INC at Macy’s.
6. Wide leg pants: Flattering on every body, as long as you keep the proportions right: wide on a petite frame is not the same thing as wide on a tall frame. They should be wide and easy but still tailored – these aren’t harem pants. I love the Carolyn pant from BCBG, $148.
7. Colorful cords: Rich, yummy colors on comfy cords are an easy update on an everyday staple. Pair these with pretty tees or cozy sweaters for a stylish fall look. These are from Talbots, $69.50.
8. Chunky cardigan: A wear with everything cardigan is a fall essential – you want it to be versatile enough to wear over nearly everything, and stylish enough to updgrade the outfit. This Nolan cardigan, from BCBG, $248, fits the bill.
9. Silky Blouse: The blouse is back, again, and this time it’s in silky fabrics and jeweltoned colors. A leopard or other animal print would also make a strong statement. This style is from White House Black Market, $88,
10. The Choker: The signature necklace of the season, the choker necklace is an easy, instant update. Try it in a solid metallic for maximum versatility. This coil collar style is so chic, and only $30 at Target.