I don’t know about you, but school starts for Lola on August 22. (Moment of silence, please, for a sad mama). As I mentioned earlier, to ease the transition (which will be harder on me than it will be on my kindergartener), I am shopping for back to school. And helping everyone else shop, which is a lot more fun since Lola will be in a uniform and needs, tragically, less clothing than she has in recent years. So here are my favorite head to toe looks, from your fave catalogs and websites, to take your little girl back to school in style. So here, my top picks for the new school year, from J. Crew:
1. J. Crew Ruffled Top and Tiered Skirt: For some reason, I am not able to copy and paste this entire, adorable look, a great example of J. Crew’s eclectic, layered style: A long-sleeved ruffled tee in champagne ($29.50) paired with a fluffy tiered skirt in light berry (shown, $48), striped tights ($14.50), a navy windbreaker jacket ($45), and navy sparkly flats ($59.50). Too cute!
2. Cupcake Ruffle Dress, $55: Love the combination of party-cute and super-comfy, and who doesn’t love ruffles?
3. Cord Caper Dress, $59.50: A fall favorite fashioned into a girly classic, complete with a cute bow. LOVE.
4. Metro dress, $88: Chic yet still playground-ready, this dress works for every occasion this fall.
5. Blossom t-shirt dress, $39.50: The comfort and ease of a tee with the girliness of a dress. Great with leggings.
6. Big Dipper Leggings, $24.50: These starry leggings are the perfect partner for her favorite tunics.
7. Sinclair Cardigan, $79.50: Sweet, ruffly, and the perfect layering piece for fall! I want this for myself!
8. Stripe boatneck popover, $58: This short-sleeved sweater is so simple yet insanely chic. So cute with cords or a pleated skirt. Again, I want it. (Sense a pattern here…)
9. Glitz-collar cashmere cardigan, $228: Yes, it’s pricey, but it’s cashmere! And look at the collar. You could always justify the cost by calling it an heirloom.
10. Reversible flip-side skirt, $29.50: I love this soft, swirly skirt, and the fact that it’s reversible makes it even more fun.
Leave a Reply