When I got Lola’s first ever school supply list last week, I was thrilled. I always love an excuse to go shopping! Unfortunately, the list was tres short, and as excited as I tried to get about markers and Play-Doh, I needed something more interesting to sink my shopping chops into! And then my eyes spotted the words “nap mat.” Of course the school specifies the standard-issue red and blue plastic mats available at WalMart and Target, but I won’t let that deter me. I’ve decided to go on a quest for the CUTEST nap mats ever, even if Lola never sleeps on it. (She hasn’t napped since she was 2, but she does love to curl up with a good book!).
So here are the cutest mats I’ve seen. Now all I have to do is narrow it down.
1. Custom Nap Mats, $114: Custom Baby Boutique features a dizzying array of fabric choices in their custom, personalized nap mats, but I think my favorite is this Pink Damask one.
2. Princess Nap Mat, $47: This is cute and colorful, but perhaps not as plush as the custom ones, above.
3. Baby Boom Princess Nap Mat, $14: Okay, it’s only $14 and available at WalMart, but it’s not exactly comfy-cozy looking. Plus, WalMart and I are sworn enemies.
4. Pottery Barn Preschool Nap Mat, $59: I am a big PB fan, but this looks a little small.
5. Retro Butterfly Nap mat, Paytepieboutique, etsy.com, $56: I ADORE etsy – what’s better than supporting small artists and crafters around the country while buying beautiful, unique items! This retro print is sweet – the only downside is that I was hoping for an all-in-one, with padding sewn in, as opposed to this kind, which holds a standard Kindermat.