Okay, I’ve hit a little snafu. A mere hiccup, actually. Rereading the uniform guidelines today, I fell back to earth when I read that only white socks are allowed. Never one to take no for an answer, I still plan on pushing this rule, a little anyway. Maybe she can start the year in white socks with navy bows, and then eventually turn up in argyle, stripes, and whatever else I can find. But in the meantime, I’ve decided to focus on shoes, where I can really have some fun! The onlly rule here: They must be closed toe, so no sandals. Other than that, I can go wild. Here, some of the cutest styles I’ve seen:
1. Glitter T-Strap Ballet Flats, $58: I’ve been reluctant to buy ballet flats for my girls, for the most part, because they are so much more grown-up than mary janes, but these have won me over! Adorable, and glittery gold goes with everything. And even though the slightly masculine style is not at all what I would normally pick, I also love these oxford-style glitter McAllister boots, $98.
2. Minnetonka Tramper Boots, $39.95: Soooo not my usual style, but these are so unique and so funky that I am oddly drawn to them. I will get them in gray to better complement the navy.
3. Saddle shoes, $49: I haven’t seen these in… forever! Soooo classic, which is right in line with the style of the uniform. I just hope Lola will wear them!
4. Dansko “Jamie” Clog, $69.95: I’m intrigued by the clog, but I’m always worried that they won’t stay on their feet. These look a little more practical, but still have that European style.
5. Sperry Top-Sider “Duckie” Rain Boot, $34.95: Again, not what I usually pick, but these are preppy-chic and perfect for our wet weather. Plus, they go so well with the uniform!