Much as I love H&M, it’s been hit or miss when it comes to finding things that I love. The crowds and dizzying array of merchandise sometimes get to me, but as an intrepid shopper, I am willing to brave any scenario for a fashion find. And fortunately, I chose to venture into the massive Michigan Avenue location during my Chicago visit, because I came away with some items destined to be warm-weather favorites. They include:
1. Pink and Orange Dress, about $35: Combining vivid brights is a hot trend for spring/summer, and I had just spotted a much more expensive DVF version of this dress elsewhere. Not that I don’t love Diane, and her dresses always fit me beautifully, but sometimes you just want a cheap take on a fun trend. Since I refuse to try clothes on in H&M, I waited until I got back to the hotel room and was very pleasantly surprised. The dress fit perfectly and looks much more expensive than it is, and the colors are gorgeous.
2. Striped Navy/White Jacket, $40: I’m definitely having a stripe moment, and navy looks suddenly fresh to me this season as well. This little jacket checks all the boxes.
3. Navy Laser Cut Dress, about $20: Love the pretty laser-cut details and the drawstring waist. Will make a great cover-up this summer.
4. White and Navy Striped Dress, about $15: Sense a theme here? I’ve already worn this once and loved its ease. Perfect for summer.
5. Pink striped skirt, $10: A cute, feminine option for summer. I’ll wear this with a white tank.
6. Fun trendy jewelry, $10-25: Love these bright colors and fun shapes. I wore the multicolored necklace with my navy striped Juicy top and jeans and got tons of compliments, even from the people at Barneys.
7. Navy striped hat, $13: Again, more variations on the theme. Love this for summer, but I just noticed it doesn’t exactly match my bathing suits. But it does match the laser-cut coverup that I bought, above.
Leave a Reply