I have high expectations for beach-and-poolside footwear for my kids. They have to be stylish, comfortable, and water-worthy. So, like I do with all of the really important decisions in my life, I gave it a lot of thought and did a lot of research, before I narrowed it down to my favorite splashing-around-in-the-summertime footwear. Here are my top picks.
1. Native Miller Perforated Slip-Ons, $30-35: Usually, I go for girlier styles, but these are so hip and so easy I couldn’t resist. These are the beachside shoes all the cool kids will be wearing. I bought Lola a hot-pink pair and she loves them. Plus there’s free shipping through May 10.
2. Saltwater Sandals – Strappy Style, $35: The classic beach sandal, with an update. I’ve always loved that these treated leather sandals are designed to hold up to the sand and surf, but this strappy style, with its thicker, white sole, appeals to me more. Lola has white, and Eva has pink, and they would wear them everyday if they could. And even though they have the old fashioned metal (rustproof) buckles, my girls learned to do them in no time.
3. Nina Kids Daffodil, $25: These fisherman-style jelly sandals, adorned with flowers, are just too cute! They are on my to-buy list for summer.
4. Croc Shirley, $35 and Keeley, $25: Although Crocs have been trendy and popular for, like, forever, I have resisted buying them for anyone in the family, even the kids. Sure they’re comfy and lightweight and slip on and off easily, but so do my bedroom slippers, and I don’t wear them out of the house. : ) And then I saw the Shirley sandals and the Keeley ballet flats. Cute and comfy and colorful, they are perfect for summer.
5. Havaianas, about $16: The coolest summer flip-flops look even cuter in tiny sizes! And the straps on the back helps them stay on little feet.