Lola’s first birthday party was like a mini-wedding, complete with a stunning three-tier cake from the best bakery in town. The theme was Livin’ La Vida Lola, and I had carefully chosen everything, from the custom-designed invites bearing a chubby-cheeked, maracas-shaking Lola, to the jawdropping flower arrangement adorned with colorful mesh butterflies. I had chosen a fluffy Kaiya Eve pettiskirt in warm shades of hot pink, red and orange. I was sure I’d thought of everything, until an hour or so before the party. I realized that while Lola had the world’s cutest skirt, she didn’t have a top to wear it with. One phone call to my sister, and a borrowed top was located and the day was saved. With these ideas, a birthday-party blunder like this won’t happen to you!
Outfits for Girls
I love a pretty party dress, but if you’re looking for something unique, festive, and specifically designed for a birthday, these ideas are for you!
1. Rhinestone Number Tee, $34: Lola wore one of these sweet tees with a pink pettiskirt for her third birthday party, and it was comfortable and adorable.
2. Birthday Tutu, Wand, Crown and Wings, from $28 each piece: These sparkly, festive separates are sure to add flair to her ensemble, and light up her special day.
3. Tulle Number Tee and Skirt: This outfit is super-girly and super-comfortable – an unbeatable combination!
Outfits for Boys
1. Red Number Tee, $34: The boys’ version of the rhinestone tee, above, and just as cute!
2. Vintage Boys Birthday Tee, $32: I love this charming little tee – it would be so cute with a pair of sailor pants! A girls version is also available!
3. Personalized John-John: This adorable custom romper is available on Etsy, and makes the perfect birthday ensemble for a baby boy!