Every time Kevin and I go to a party, we bring a bottle of wine in a pretty wine bag. It’s our go-to gift, and that of many of our friends. But this year, I want to bring something different, something that will make a real impression on the hostess. Whether it’s for my mother-in-law, who will spend hours playing patiently with my daughters when we visit for Thanksgiving week, or the stylish friends who invite us to cocktail parties throughout the holiday season, I want to bring a hostess gift as special as they are. Here, a few of my favorite finds this season:
1. Artisan Made Edible Chocolate Jewels, $39: These gorgeous, handmade chocolates look like precious stones, and are almost too pretty to eat.
2. Good Tidings Glass Coasters, $28: Weighty glass coasters feature convey your best wishes with words like Merry and Ho Ho Ho.
3. Silverwood Bowls and Cheese Tray, $99-199: When you really want to make an impression, or thank a very special friend, these pricey but perfect serving pieces will do the trick.
4. Le Bon Lait Bottles, $24 each: I love these charming, vintage-y glass bottles, and the clear glass means they’ll fit in with any decor.
5. Social Light Candle Lighter, $24.95: This pretty, long metal candle lighter makes it easy and elegant to illuminate a room full of candles. And with code 13917, you get 20% off a single item when you spend $59 through Nov. 15.
6. Wrought Iron Cheese Knives, $29.50: This quartet of iron-handled knives add rustic charm to any cheese board.
7. Mad Men: The Illustrated World, $15: What swanky soiree would not benefit from this coffee-table tome, an ode to the martini-lunch world of everyone’s favorite show.
8. Sticky Teaspoons, $128: These stunning, highly giftable teaspoons feature long-stemmed handles resembling twigs dipped in metal. A very special and unique gift.
9. Unzipped Glass Zipper Bag, $20: This humorous little table accent looks just like a plastic zipper sandwich bag, only it’s made of glass, and made to stay open and hold candies or nuts on a coffee table.
10. Food Fashion Friends: This elegant coffee table book offers up plenty of inspiration for future festivities.