I seem to move from one shopping-related obsession to another, and while some of you may think I need help, in my opinion, the best therapy is to blog about it. Currently, I am obsessing about the pretty and the practical – items I can use every day that will make the most mundane tasks seem somehow a little more glamorous. And who couldn’t use that?
1. Stunning scissors, $98: My whole list could probably come from this one website – they have the most beautiful home accessories ever. I love these Charles X scissors. They recall a time when even the most ordinary items benefitted from an amazing attention to detail. link
2. Retro Cellphone Handset, $65: I spend a lot of time talking on my cell phone during the day. This looks just like a vintage phone receiver, but you hook it up to your cell phone. Not only does it make it safer to speak on your cell phone, but you’ll look much cuter doiong it! I want it in hot pink. link
3. Eiffel Tower Salt and Pepper Shakers, $28: Seeing these on the kitchen table is sure to brighten my mood, no matter how early the morning. And they will remind me of our upcoming summer trip to Paris. link
4. Milkmaid Butter Dish, $28: I am ashamed to confess how long I spend on Anthropologie’s website eyeing kitchen accessories and adorable aprons. There are a dozen items I want for my kitchen, and this is one of the cutest. link
5. Castle Key Bottle Opener, $12: I was digging around in my utensil drawer for a bottle opener today, and all I found was a disappointing green plastic one from my husband’s single days. This is way cuter. link